348 Supercharged Motor

odie15

First off I would like to thank the members of this board for all the information I have got off of this site. Second I thought I would share some photos with of a 348 project I have been working on. Thanks you guys for all your help.

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 253
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 215
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 320
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 291

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Slick looking!

Very nice looking 348 :) :) :)!

I'd be interested in knowing what's inside of the shiny metal surface :).

Can you share your bottom end and top end components and specs?

Thanks!
TomK

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
odie15, Oh no, buddy, you are not getting away with that! You cant post a picture of a masterpiece and not enlighten us on " the guts". We want to know more. And what is the beauty going in? Lay it on us , Odie, we got to know more.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
AND THEN,,,,,,,, You can`t hide a beauty like that under a hood !!!

Hope its going in a rod,,,, O heck,,, it`ll look good in anything !!!:clap

Way to go,,,you`ve been hiding in the shadows,,, haven`t ya ???:bow ,,dq

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
now that is one BAD to the BONE 348
but we need to know the facts:deal

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
HOLY ROCKETSHIP BATMANDONT KNOW WHERE YOU'RE PUTTING IT BUT IF I KNEW YOUR ADDRESS AND SECURITY CODE I KNOW WHERE IT'D END UP! TALK ABOUT LAYIN IN THE WEEDS.:cheers :cheers :cheers
RAY

odie15

This motor is going in a 1960 2-door station wagon nicknamed the Wagonator.
It is a 1961 348 motor with the stock steel crankshaft still at std. Pistons are JE Pistons at 7.5 to 1 compression. Camshaft is from Comp Cams and is a Hyd. Roller. Specs are 230 duration intake and exhaust @.050 lift, with a lobe seperation of 114. Valve lift is .510 int. and .510 exh. Timing set is from Cloyes. Stainless intake and exhaust valves from SI Valves. Roller Rockers, Valve Springs, Rocker studs, Retainers, Pushrods, and Locks are from Comp. Cams. The superchargers and custom built intake manifold are from Magnason and all the pulleys, brackets, and acc's are from Zoops. Fuel injection is F.A.S.T. system. My customer had to put it in the car for a show in Vegas this week so when he gets back we will pull it back out and dyno it. Thanks.

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 154
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 176

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
odie15, That is the wildest damn W-head Ive ever seen!!! A real work of art. Your technology is 1,000 miles over my head, but would you comment on crankcase evacuation? Is that a crankcase evacuator pump mounted in front? Do you build other W-heads for customers or was this a special order for a particular customer? Is the wagon to be a show only vehicle? West coast only, or will it be shown around the country? Sorry for so many questions, but you have truly built something special and Im sure there are many of us that would like to learn more.

odie15

Ronnie, the pump on the lower drivers side is power steering. This car will be mosltly show on the west coast with occasional driving.

Geary Trussell

Well Known Member
bad 348

I have several questions I hope you can answer. Did FAST do custom work
for the fuel injection or is it an off the self system.? If so which system? On the
Zoops pulley system is it a catalog item complete or did you do some fab
work? On the supercharger intake base, did someone custom fab the
base plate or did Magnuson supply the entire system? Lastly what distributor
did you use with the FI set-up? Great work. I am fabricating an FI unit
for my 348 and would like to know the answers to the above questions.
Thanks

odie15

Geary, The FAST system is off the shelf. Magnason did the building of the intake manifold. It looks to me that they used a 2-4brl Intake an welded a plenum on it. The also welded the fuel injector bungs in. On the Zoops pulleys , my customer sent the engine down to magnason for mach up and they had zoops build the pulleys. On the Distributor I took a cast iron 348 point distributor, gutted it, and machined it for an msd type pickup.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
WoW factor!

By the looks of the work on that masterpiece I doubt if I could give you any advice! :rolleyes: I am interested in the serpentine belt drive setup, I would like to do that. Great job on a fine piece of work.