348 Supercharged Motor

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Zoo Opps???!!

odie15 said:
Geary, The FAST system is off the shelf. Magnason did the building of the intake manifold. It looks to me that they used a 2-4brl Intake an welded a plenum on it. The also welded the fuel injector bungs in. On the Zoops pulleys , my customer sent the engine down to magnason for mach up and they had zoops build the pulleys. On the Distributor I took a cast iron 348 point distributor, gutted it, and machined it for an msd type pickup.

I spoke with a ZOOPS tech eralier today to inquire about the nice belt system on the blown 348... The guy I spoke with had no clue what I was referring to, saying only that their cataloged set of v-belt 348-049 billet brackets is all he knew about.

I forwarded your posted pictures to ZOOPS (I hope you don't mind) for them to see exaclty what I was talking about, and am expecting to hear back from them soon.

Are you certain it was ZOOPS that made the pulleys? Are the pulleys all they made, or did they fabricate the entire set of brackets as well? The pulleys themselves can be adapted to the "W's" from other BBC and SBC sets, but the central mounting plate and other brackets are what I'm more curious about.

I'll update the FORUM when I hear back from ZOOPS...

Denis

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
409 belt system

The belt system on the supercharged 348 is a composite of the already available ZOOPS Alt and A/C brackets, and pulleys they already make for various SBC/BBC applications. The "plate" that holds the idler pulleys (and the drive for the superchargers), is custom made, again, using idler/tensioner pulleys ZOOPs already has.

The difficulty would apprear to be in making the plate itself (starting with a wooden or sheet-acrylic/plastic mock-up), spacing it correctly, and placement of the idler/tensioner pulleys, all to coincide with a available belt-lengths.

Just a few headaches...

Denis

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Quiet But Very Busy

rstreet said:
desapience
You've been quiet lately. Ready for Thanksgiving?http://www.turkeyrun.com/

RSSTREET

Yes, I've been fairly quiet on these boards..., but busy.

I've been spending lots of time planning taking my '55' up another notch for the shows... details, details... and $$$

My stroker 482 is coming along, but, the project fell behind because my buddy the shop owner, has decided to sell-out and is moving to Tennessee in November. It should be in long-block next week though. I've also contracted for the truck 4L60 (electronic) tranny, which will be good for up to 700 h.p., but it's still 3-4 weeks away. I'm researching the after-market omputer to use, to tie into the steering-wheel paddle shifter.

The "big" 1 1/2" tube Griffen downflow should be here this coming week..., that was a long struggle and a huge headache. And, it'll still need to be show-polished... by me, when I get it.

I literally have a stack of boxes with parts awaiting the cooler weather to come along -- still a tad too warm to work in Florida weather... in my garage.

The Daytona Turkey run?? I wasn't planning on entering my '55', but it is a possibility, albeit a small one. As soon as I get the 482 and tranny together, and the Griffen all ready, it should only take a couple weekends to get it up and running. If all the stuff does not come together in the nest couple weeks, I guess I could enter it -- as is -- and wait until after that show to start the redo.

Time... never enough of it.

Denis