348 tri power

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
Switching directions for a year or so with my driver. I'm putting on a correct 1961 Tri-Power set-up. All the right stuff is there but doesn't have the air cleaner. I see Show Cars has a nice aftermarket one, but is there any other supplier that might have something like what show cars offers?

I want the oval, alum. combo not the round that was originally on these cars.

Thanks John

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
YES It's like the Ford stuff. I KNOW Show Cars sells them, I want to know are there any others????? I'm not really impressed by the Show Cars ones!

mailman

Well Known Member
Try Mooneyes or Speedway, they have the long oval ones that look like the Ford air cleaners.

Robert

Switching the four barrel to an original cast iron tri power set up, i want to run vacuum advance where would the vacuum port be for this. Thanks,

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Usually the vacuum port is a hollow "stud" that is used as one of the center carb hold down studs.Show Cars sells them.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
And sometimes it is the rear carb stud.
IMG_2169.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That's for a Powerglide Ron on the left. The 4-speed had a fitting in the back of the base of the center carb that went to the front carb and vacuum tank.

Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Usually the vacuum port is a hollow "stud" that is used as one of the center carb hold down studs.Show Cars sells them.
You guys are the best!! I've been on here since the "yahoo club" days and don't remember that one. Never ceases to amaze me the new stuff I learn on here. :clap

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Vintage speed sells one too. It might be the same one Speedway sells. Just remember the 348 has different carb spacing some a sbc air cleaner won't fit.
I copied the text below so you could read about the air cleaner. They show a picture on the website.

Note– Look at our new Vintage Speed 3×2 carb cover. Our new longer tri power version of the above finned cover cover is done and we are taking orders now. I patterned this from the Helling & Stelling cover made in the late 50′s-early 60′s. Cover looks just like the dual shown above except it is 16″ long and 5 1/2″ wide, and fits all 3×2 intakes with carb centers up to 5 3/4″. It is .- $159.00 and-Comes with (3)bases, (3) 4″x 2″ Fram filter elements and the cover-polished and drilled for your intake. It is narrow- 5 1/2″ wide and looks dynomite. This cover is a perfect match for your finned valve covers. This is a very popular part. Order part # AC-31F from our air cleaner catagory in the online catalog. COMING SOON—A LONGER VERSION OF THIS COVER FOR THE 348″ CHEVYS AND PONTIACS WITH THE 6″ CENTER TO CENTER SPACING.

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
Might look at the Vintage Speed for a ram-air set-up. But I'm not a big fan of the individual filters on carbs!

neilswheels

Well Known Member
Vintage speed sells one too. It might be the same one Speedway sells. Just remember the 348 has different carb spacing some a sbc air cleaner won't fit.
I copied the text below so you could read about the air cleaner. They show a picture on the website.

Note– Look at our new Vintage Speed 3×2 carb cover. Our new longer tri power version of the above finned cover cover is done and we are taking orders now. I patterned this from the Helling & Stelling cover made in the late 50′s-early 60′s. Cover looks just like the dual shown above except it is 16″ long and 5 1/2″ wide, and fits all 3×2 intakes with carb centers up to 5 3/4″. It is .- $159.00 and-Comes with (3)bases, (3) 4″x 2″ Fram filter elements and the cover-polished and drilled for your intake. It is narrow- 5 1/2″ wide and looks dynomite. This cover is a perfect match for your finned valve covers. This is a very popular part. Order part # AC-31F from our air cleaner catagory in the online catalog. COMING SOON—A LONGER VERSION OF THIS COVER FOR THE 348″ CHEVYS AND PONTIACS WITH THE 6″ CENTER TO CENTER SPACING.

61 Bubble, just in case you missed it, this is a single aircleaner for a tripower setup, although it looks like it's not currently being made for the W.