3779553 & 3858403 bell housings

bobs409

Administrator
If I do all those I'll need to get 1k for it! :D

I do have some "black beauty" media but I'm thinking of letting the buyer deal with it. :p I'll probably just keep the wire wheel finish followed by a cleaning with brake cleaner. I'll list it for less to account for the not perfect restoration on it.

On a good note, there are no cracks or damage, even that threaded starter hole is good.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have used black beauty too, did not like finish. Went back to glass beads. I have never heard glass beads destroying anything???
When I say destroying the original look I meant it gives a uniform matt finish look, most items that were sand cast aluminum (like Harley engine cases and a 553 bell housing) had a sheen to the aluminum.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
When I say destroying the original look I meant it gives a uniform matt finish look, most items that were sand cast aluminum (like Harley engine cases and a 553 bell housing) had a sheen to the aluminum.
A light shiny pitted look??? Don't think any kind of prep would duplicate that, maybe i am wrong.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Steve.....When I glassbeaded àn aluminum part I used......brand new glass beads and turned the pressure down to 30 psi and ir gave that part a beautiful NOS looking condition. Have to have new beads and lower pressure.
That's my Thought for the Day!!!!!!