3815857 heads

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
??????

Mark:

#3815857 casting number head, Chevrolet part number #3815856, was used on 1959-61 348 truck engines. Probably used on irrigation motors (See CPG!!!! I'm still at it!!!) as well as fire trucks and New Holland field cutters.

A long time ago, I was going to buy a New Holland field cutter and restore it. The mid 60's came with 409s. I also wanted to take it to Indy Super Chevy and win "MOST UNUSUAL"!!! Then I quit drinking!!!!!:cheers :cheers

60convert

Well Known Member
drinking

just think of all the inventions peoplwe have come up with after a few drinks. well inventions and crazy ideas

WickedWayz

Pill Reed I was curious to know wut model(s) did the 409 come out in the New Holland field cutters. :D I would like to know because there lots of junk field cutters here where i live

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have a set of these too. They have valve rotaters and aprox 1 13/16" intake valves. :( Can these heads be opened up for big valves or are they better off sold for big money on EBay to a farm implement restorer like "Farm Phil" :D

WickedWayz

Phil I was going back the posts u never replyed back on any more info regaurding New holland field cutters with 409 motors. Either u dont know any more info r just got around 2 check the post. ;)

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil and Indy

Speaking of Indy Phil...What is your "CHIEF" problem with them?

HeHeHoHa:D Couldn't resist!!!

Attachments

• rofl ani..gif
    rofl ani..gif
    1,010 bytes · Views: 321

WickedWayz

Just wanted some info bout new holland field cutters (models, years) beacuse i had already posted that there was alot of ol junk field cutters in the area. that all. THX

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I don't know!!!

Don't know anything about New Holland field cutters except there was one in my home town with a 409 in it. Had a 656 block so must have been 65 or later. Never looked at another field cutter since!!!! Sorry!!

Maybe try a New Holland implement dealer and have his parts people check the useage out for you.

Back to the Original Post

Hey Oil4kids:

Was that fire engine recently on Ebay but no bids??? looked pretty complete for $500, just wrong side of the country. Would have made a great parade vehicle.

oil4kids

Well Known Member

No that was not my engine

but looked pretty interesting............

infact if was close to me i would have bought it, repainted it
and donated it to a Kiddy Day school- nothing better then playing on a fire engine when your a kid

with or without a 409