3rd row seat in 61-64 wagon

New guy here reporting......

Big reader of the 348-409 posts. Great information here. Next project will be a 348 4speed wagon. I need a 3 seat wagon, but the majority I find are 2 seaters. How difficult is it to (or is it possible to) change a 2 seater to a 3 seater? I haven't had a chance to look up close on them to compare the two cargo bays. Another thought.....how about a 2dr 58-60 wagon with a 3rd row seat?

Thanks in advance for the info!!
Kentt
Benson, MN (it snowed last night.....I'm ready for spring!)

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Kentt-

A friend of mine just converted his wagon over to a third row seat and was very painless. The only thing you need are the seats and the brackets, which bolt in.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Maybe this is what you're looking for, found it on Craigslist.
Dave1961-64 Chevy Station wagon 3rd seat - $1200 (Crowely,Colorado)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-929749609@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-22, 9:31AM PST

FOR SALE: A 1961-64 Chevy Station wagon 3rd seat, it is in good shape, the seat came out of a 63, we were going to use it in our 64 impala wagon but decided not to.make your 6 passenger wagon in to a 9 passenger with this seat.may fit other wagons too.
call
1(719)250-5057 cell

it's NOT ok to contact this poster

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's an idea. I've got a 62 Pontiac 9 passenger wagon going to waste. The seats, glass, roof, etc., all look the same as our 61 Parkwood. I bet that 3rd seat is identical.

Skim

Well Known Member
Yep. The seat is the same. Also, all true 3rd row wagons came with the little wagon step pads on the rear bumper as well.