4 speed steering column

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I have been a member for a little over a year and am on this website probably 2-3 times a day. I really havn't posted anything, just reading and learning. I have been absolutely amazed at the amount of excellent information that this website discusses and more important that it is freely passed back and forth between all the members.
I now have a question that maybe somebody can help me with. My turn signal has never worked properly on my 63 Impala. I removed the steering wheel and everything down to the dash. I am replacing the wiring harness and the cancelling pawl, very tricky, I believe this has all been apart before I bought the car and I think there are some parts missing:scratch according to my chevy shop manual.
Does any one have a source where I can get a complete illustrated parts breakdown of the steering column pieces and parts from the dashboard to the steering wheel?

Thanks.
Tom
Toms63SSQB

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Tom I think an Assembly Manual would show an exploded view...don't cost much and they help a lot. E Pay has them as well as all the big vendors

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Tom,
I put a new (don't know the official name) plasitc thingy that is kind hoseshoe shaped and that the turnsignal lever attatches to. It must be a little too big as I have a hard time keeping the turn signals on. It doesn't want to "click" into place. I found an NOS part so hope fully that will cure it. Maybe a little trimming on the reproduction part would fix it? Just my 2 cents.
Ross