4-speed

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
I have a Muncie four speed that a freind gave me, and I'm trying to identify it. The casting # on the case is 3925660. According to the Muncie transmision website this number translates to a 1969 M-20. There is also what appears to be a V.I.N. on the side of the case where the tail shaft bolts to the main case. That number is 19WS43323P9K024. Using the V.I.N decoder on 1963chevy.com this nuber translates to a 1963 corvette:scratch . Am I missing something?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have a Muncie four speed that a freind gave me, and I'm trying to identify it. The casting # on the case is 3925660. According to the Muncie transmision website this number translates to a 1969 M-20. There is also what appears to be a V.I.N. on the side of the case where the tail shaft bolts to the main case. That number is 19WS43323P9K024. Using the V.I.N decoder on 1963chevy.com this nuber translates to a 1963 corvette:scratch . Am I missing something?

I don't know what caused you to think it's from a 63 Corvette, but it certainly isn't.
This is a 69 chevy application ie; 1=Chevrolet, 9=model year, W=Willow Run Assembly plant. S=probably not "S" but should be a number like 5 or 3 as the first digit of the VIN production sequence number ending with 43323,.
P=Muncie 4 spd Pass.
9=model year
K=month , July
02=day
4=probably not "4" but should be "A"=2.52:1 B=2.20:1 C=M22 2.20:1

Hope this helps.

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
Can you tell me where you got that info so I will know for future reference. It seems like everytime I post on this site I show my ignorance.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thats not ignorance cheap-1, thats what makes this site absolutely the best site for the W engine. I have printed off reams of paper from this forum because you can't get the information anyplace else. Cecil, Ray, Aubrey, and all the others have let us all in on the info they have and not kept it to themselves. This is undoubtedly the most unselfish group I have ever had the privilige to know.:clap Roy

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
I will add to what Roy said. This group :hug has an incredible collective store of knowledge that is applicable to many things automotive well beyond just our favorite cars (x-frames) and engines (Ws) and a willingness to help all that ask. With the possible exception of world peace (and we have definite ideas about that:stooges ) this group can probably help you find the answer to any automotive or other question.:bow

Bobaloo

Well Known Member
What they said, and if I might add, I have been learning from and trying to add to, for over a year doing my 63. I would have made a lot of mistakes and mis-spent a lot of money I don't have if it were not for these folks.

Cheap, can you email me a picture of you 'cayne? My 63 bel Air is very similar. I would love to see some details.