$4000 purse at Iowa 348-409 Family Reunion drag race will be held August 20-21st Cedar Falls dragway.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sounds like Randy had some problems with tech, but some of us thought he was very accommodating.....:winner

BTW...Where the hell was our cheerleader?
Laying under a jeep grand Cherokee trying to get it to stop death wobbbling. Unsuccessfully I might add. This weekend will be the fourth in a row! It's nearly undrivable! I've been talking with Polio about it every day. I think I have him stumped!!

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Some special thanks to Bryan Fugate for diving in and helping get my starter install and wiring snafu sorted out. And to Mike “AKA” Tonto, Ink, Beer Boy for his help everyday, and Lastly to Scott Halls wife Karen for the bag of “Butterfinger”bites that were so good. But, I’m starting to wonder if those were the cause of my string of terrible lights!! Ate the whole bag! And I forgot thank Coot’s Trailer Storage!! :good

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Laying under a jeep grand Cherokee trying to get it to stop death wobbbling. Unsuccessfully I might add. This weekend will be the fourth in a row! It's nearly undrivable! I've been talking with Polio about it every day. I think I have him stumped!!
Did you check for cracks on the frame mount that holds the top of the track bar on? I have had to weld/reinforce two of my Cherokee builds there. By far the most popular spot to break on the XJ jeeps. If there is any flex there it will shake bad.
Deathwobble2.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yep. I checked all the mounts for cracks or broke spot welds.
One last thing to check is whether your wheels/tires will balance good. I had another jeep that had a belt come loose and the only way we knew it was the balance machine let us know things were out of whack on the inside. Pulled the tire off the wheel and found one of the cords/bands on the inside of the tire split away from the tire creating an weird balance issue. Tires were 5 years old and had been run on and off road. So long as all of your bushings are good in the control arms then I would be stumped outside of bad ball joints or tie rods which I'm sure you have checked already.