$4000 purse at Iowa 348-409 Family Reunion drag race will be held August 20-21st Cedar Falls dragway.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
needing a decent 61 RR valance pnl if anyone is heading to Cedar Falls that might have one. Please let me know, thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: 327

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
--So what is the schedule ? Test & tune on Friday. Races on Saturday & Sunday. Can we get into the track on Thursday so we can get setup? Need to know so I can make plans for the travel & be there on time & ready to race. Thanks.
Joel
Gates "open" at 530pm and Test and Tune is 630-9pm Friday night. I'm told its a track so if you do plan on camping there in your motor home, then expect people like us to be making noise into the night most nights. Friday is open to the public so Joe blow might be next to you in the staging lane. Be careful and pair up with someone who looks like they have been there before. :laugh2
There isn't any Thursday night camping. There is a place just up the street you can camp at. http://www.antiqueacres.org/

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Randy, has the breakdown on the payout been decided yet! Posting that might intice a few more racers tp make the trip!!!
Payout will be $1500 to first place. $800 second place and $600 to third place. Best light is $500 and tough luck will be $500. For those of you with the worst reaction time (namely myself over the last 3 years) a toilet seat with your name will be handed over for you to hang in your garage (not mine). :laugh2 I figure we will take a vote and see who gets the "Tough Luck" $500. We all know how easy it is to break something. I'm going to keep my tires pumped up so I don't blow the rear out of my wagon. I don't repeat Paul's axle explosion" from last year. :pray
Lunch Saturday will be Burgers and Chips. You will need to bring your own drinks as I know some of you won't drink the Mountain Dew I like. :D

Special Treat! Vincent Fiala is scheduled to join us from Cedar Rapids Iowa to see what the 348-409 engine family and these cars have become. As the only driver/owner of a Z11 in Iowa, he has special insight into what racing was truly like with his 1963 Impala Z11 "Bad News". Its hard for him to understand how far the sport/hobby has come and the kind of times these cars are running today. I look forward to keeping him around long enough to watch us run down the track at least once as a group.

Any questions feel free to call or text me:
Randy Johnson
515-850-8234

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
So if I understand your above post we can not get into the track until 5:30 PM on Friday. That doesn't give us much time to setup our campers, etc. & be ready to race that night. Any possibilities of us getting in earlier to set up camp? Will you be there early & set up our parking area so guys like Barry & me & I'm sure others who are coming from distance places who plan to camp there are together? You know like it was last year & at Summit this year. Would be great to know what we are doing.:dunno

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Will you be having a runoff if there are two semi finalist for third or just give each semi finalist $300
We will probably have a run off if it comes down to two semi finalists. I expect there to be about 20 cars this year I am hopeful we can get our test and tune needed. I will be running hot laps going round and round trying to figure out what my wagon will run Friday. I am trying to work out a deal with the track manager to be the first guys running Saturday and the last guys running so we can get as much racing as we can. With it being their bracket championship that Saturday and Sunday, we will provide a much needed brake for the racers between racing series.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So if I understand your above post we can not get into the track until 5:30 PM on Friday. That doesn't give us much time to setup our campers, etc. & be ready to race that night. Any possibilities of us getting in earlier to set up camp? Will you be there early & set up our parking area so guys like Barry & me & I'm sure others who are coming from distance places who plan to camp there are together? You know like it was last year & at Summit this year. Would be great to know what we are doing.:dunno
Keep in mind Friday night fun runs are mostly for the street racers to come out and have fun. They just aren't catering to the racers that want to set up camp for the weekend and get some extra passes Friday night. I'll show up, drop my car off the trailer, mark out our section and be ready to Test and Tune in a matter of minutes Friday night. I have signs already for our group to find our spot and based on the number of times I have been to the track, we should have a great area just for us.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So what are you doing for payouts. Only paying one day? Flip a coin for third?
Run off between the two loosers that didn't make the final. I think that is the best way to distribute the money and give the most people the most chances to win. If we have an odd number of cars then a bye will happen early with a flip of a coin to get that out of the way.