409-348 Owners Meeting Place

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Has anyone had success in locating an event or facility to join for our "event" like Summit's Blue Suede Cruise of last summer ?:hug:hug
robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
How 'bout yours or Dick's backyard???? If we all came...you guys could furnish the food and drinks!!!

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i'd sure be willing to come to that. hey..........we could teach our midwesterner friends to eat crabs. not crabcakes or any of that other tourist food. CRABS.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I guess we could talk Charlie into letting us have his US-13 Delmar Dragway for the weekend?? Especially when he has his "Chevy" weekend. I have some local connections for fresh heavy crabs. Charlie has dramatical flare for his dragstrip promotional ads. I could hear his introductions of the racers and their cars now:roll:roll
robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Beginning to sound pretty good! :brow I have a sister-in-law with a package store. I'll bring the beer. :roll

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
How 'bout yours or Dick's backyard???? If we all came...you guys could furnish the food and drinks!!!

Nice pre-emptive strike Phil. Obviously you figured out that you are the logical sponsor with all your connections and convenient location in the middle of the US. Diverting the attention to the east coast guys is brilliant except for the fact that nobody west of the Miss. is likely to spend the money to drive out there. I did it last year and would do it again at last years gas prices but I don't think I'm going very far this year. I could probably make it to KC though.:p
Just signed up for Medicare and next year I start collecting SS and trying to live on a smaller fixed income than I'm already on. Gettin' old sucks.:cuss

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is doable for me! My mother lives 45 minutes from Robert. Would give me a reason to bring the car out there.

So Robert.... When is this going to happen!?!?!?!?

We should really do this!

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
More like....

Stay away from the Crabs. More like crabs eating us.

Attachments

• 154096_attack_of_the_crab_monsters_1957_1_vw.jpg
    154096_attack_of_the_crab_monsters_1957_1_vw.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 64

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That was an old movie that I don't remember much of it at all. My wife is working at a hospital in your Chicago and is enjoying the area
robert

Robert,
Tell Ann that if she's not busy Sunday maybe she could drop by the Trinity United Church of Christ. It could be interesting if not inspirational.:eek::D
:roll

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cecil, Took me a few seconds to get it. I'm a little slow. I wonder how many visitors they get now just to see what new is gonna happen. It would be an interesting service.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Cecil: Actually she is closer to you then you think. She is in Boulder, CO. until next week then back to Models Chicago before going to Charlotte. I reread the post and have gotten it also.
robert