409/425 Fuel Mileage

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'd like to hear from those who have fuel injected 409's.:dunno

I'm real close to selling my 09 and doing the original plan of the 454 cuz I was planning on at least one 4000 mile trip.:cry

Ray

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray,after my MSD Ignition broke down going to Norwalk last year,I switched back to my Mallory Ignition with a Unlite Distributor that has a mechanical advance.The reason I switched back to Mallory,is I was told that the only way to know what failed in my MSD distributor or,my 6AL box was to send them back to MSD to be tested and repaired.I now have 2 Mallory Unlite Distributors,I carry 1 as a spare so if my ignation breaks down on a long trip I can change my disributors like a spare tire.

Jim, What do you carry as a backup if the second light bulb burns out?:dunnoPoint distributor??
Ray

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jim, What do you carry as a backup if the second light bulb burns out?:dunnoPoint distributor??
Ray

Ray,I have 2 Mallory Unlight Distributors,with mechanical vacuum advance.I hope I can make the 500 mile trip,without a Ignition problem,with 2 distributors. I have a car trailer if both distributors fail :doh

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray,I have 2 Mallory Unlight Distributors,with mechanical vacuum advance.I hope I can make the 500 mile trip,without a Ignition problem,with 2 distributors. I have a car trailer if both distributors fail :doh

Hummm,, seems to me one member who is no longer here makes a fail proof distributor !!!

Glad I have one !!!:brow

dunhamfield

Well Known Member
fuel milage

I recently installed a TKO-500 tranny behind my 409. I am now burning 4 gallon an hour at 60MPH. .....:cool:

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Tried

Hummm,, seems to me one member who is no longer here makes a fail proof distributor !!!

Glad I have one !!!:brow

Yes, but he would not sale to anyone on this site, I tried 3 times.:cuss:bang

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s