409-425HP cam

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Since I bought the 409...(Fresh rebuild and never been started). I have been too busy to get it installed in the 62'. But here's an "off the wall" question. This engine has the Isky Z-66 grind cam. 268 Duration, with .520 lift with 110 degree lobe separation. Never heard a running 09 engine, other than on dq's web site which is very impressive for those of you that have not linked up yet. :cool:

Always liked the "old school" lumpy cam attitude. Would anyone be able to comment on whether this particular Isky Z-66 cam has this? Cam is solid lifter with roller rockers. Previously thought it was a roller cam...its not. Not racing the car, just want to intimidate a little bit on a street level.

Just a bit curious to know before installation and start-up.

I've found a web site that provide "audio" for muffler types. Are there any web sites for cam profiles? Bet you've never seen that question before.

RCE1962

Ron

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
RCE1962 said:
Never heard a running 09 engine, other than on dq's web site which is very impressive for those of you that have not linked up yet. :cool:
RCE1962

Ron

O,, I`m bad,,,,:doh thats not a 409 engine just a great engine sound FX off the internet,,,,:D

You want to hear a REAL 409 engine and see one in action check out Aubrey`s site,,, dq

http://www.bruneauperformance.ca/

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Here's the specs on that cam...

Isky CHZ66 Solid, power range 2000-6000; .520 lift; 268° duration; 228° @ .050; 110 lobe center. Smooth/slight lope idle

Looks like a good cam!:beerbang It should be just right for your engine. I think the description of "Smooth/ slight lope idle" should be about right. It should be very streetable yet have a nice musclecar idle. I think you're going to like it.:cheers

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would agree with skip. would be mild in a 409. I have that cam in my 348.