409 at the drags

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Guys

This video was taken about eight months ago. Thought you might be interested. :D

chevytaylor

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
1962 BelAir Sport Coupe RHD!

I'd like to see more photos and details on this car!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Wrench,
It's on the December page of the 348-409 calendar! :brow You can get some good pics of it and 11 other get cars with "W" engines. in 'em!

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for the video. :D

What are the rear-gears and the transmission?

1st gear?

AND.... I'm very curious about suspension. What type of springs? The 62' has a nice stance. Not station wagon or HD springs...right?

RCE1962

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the video. :D

What are the rear-gears and the transmission?

1st gear?

AND.... I'm very curious about suspension. What type of springs? The 62' has a nice stance. Not station wagon or HD springs...right?

RCE1962

The 409 in the video is my old motor. Basically stock 1965 HiPo engine with the Isky Z-33 cam, 1962 690's with 2x4 manifold.

It's looking like next Wednsday night might be my first chance to run the M/T cross ram down the strip. :brow I have put a few miles on it cruising around town and it seems very responsive. There was some tuning involved getting the carb jetting right. It feels strong.

RCE1962. The rear gears are strange 3.89. The gear box is a Richmond 5 speed (Doug Nash), 1st gear is nice and low at 3.26, fifth is 1.1. Front springs are standard 1962, the rears are standard with one coil cut out. :)

chevytaylor