409 blower intake

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Ordered a SFI 21 pound steel flywheel, and a flex plate today. I want to keep my options open with the motor. I think my guy said the bob weight is in the 2190 range. Is that decent? Any downsides to a 21 pound flywheel on this motor? I did not think so, but what do I know.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
21 pounds sounds like a happy medium between the aluminum ones that are what?? 14 pounds or so and the usual 30 pound steel ones.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Since I don't have a willys or a 55 yet there isn't a big push, but I still would like to get it buttoned up pretty soon. The guy let one of his employees go a month or two ago, and that has slowed production a bit as well.

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Since I don't have a willys or a 55 yet there isn't a big push, but I still would like to get it buttoned up pretty soon. The guy let one of his employees go a month or two ago, and that has slowed production a bit as well.

I'm working on your 55! :browI would gladly dump the 327 for the AWESOME blower motor your building.

Attachments

• 55 Chevy project 003.JPG
    55 Chevy project 003.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 37

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I just ordered the pushrods today. Manton .145 wall 3/8 diameter. Seems kind of thick (heavy) to me, but that was recommended by a few sources. Should be here in 2-3 days. Getting closer. Time to assemble the blower drive,carbs and such, maybe tonite.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
That's where this is all heading Dave. Hope it is a decent car. Right now it is a complete car that was raced last year. Chassis is not certified, but if I was told correctly, as long as I am 10.00 or slower, it should pass tech. He has had no trouble at Kaukana Wisconsin (WIR ) with it, or at Union Grove Wisconsin. I would assume I would be OK as well. I think he said it is due for seat belts. Can't wait for Saturday.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
2500 pounds and 500 hp puts you in the 9 second range so I am sure you will be going faster than 10.00. Better read up on what is required to certify a 9 second open cockpit car. Maybe the car would certify or only need minor updates. It sounds gay, but knowledge is power! Is the car in southern WI?