409 build

Molten

Well Known Member
Update
Just finished installing Holley Commander 950. I am very impressed with the EFI. Motor hadn't been started since dec and with a fairly close base map and it didn't roll over more than 4-5 seconds and fired up and idled. Wow. Now the fun part of tuning fuel map. With the breather on, it hides itself well.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I like that!! I'm very curious about some of the new self tuning throttle body set ups,they all have the ability,reportedly,for one to fine tune without the need for a laptop.FAST even makes a 2-4 bbl set up.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I like that!! I'm very curious about some of the new self tuning throttle body set ups,they all have the ability,reportedly,for one to fine tune without the need for a laptop.FAST even makes a 2-4 bbl set up.
That FAST dual quad EFI set up is supposed to be able to support some serious power too.

Molten

Well Known Member
Thanks. I was a little overwhelmed by the tuning aspect , but with some instructions from a friend who is a guru with EFI, the old Holley system is fairly easy to tune. A lot more time consuming compared to the newer auto-tune systems on market, but was definetly much cheaper.