409 classes being raced in 2008 at the track

TONY0707

Well Known Member
Hi Wondering What Classes The 409s Fall Into In 2008 At The Race Tracks- I Was Super Stock In 63 To 67- Had A 63 Super Sport -4 Speed- Dual Quad Posi Traction (425hp ) 409 -new- Before The Beach Boys Wrote The Song Held The Track Record At Islip Speedway In New York-had Good Friends- Ran A Station Wagon -380 Hp ( SAME ENGINE-single Quad ) Was Unbeatable In B Stock He Always Ran With His Tailgate Down- The Mattera Brothers-reminds Me -i Had A Sewer Cap In My Trunk To Add Weight Over The Rear Wheels ( 100-150 Lbs )-had The Same Effect- Believe It Or Not-learned Most Of What I Did By Reading The -hot Rod Magazines- From 62-67- Then Went And Did The Stuff They Suggested-the Info In The Magazines Of That Time Kept You Up On What All The Top Racers Were Doing-consider Getting Your Hands On Those If You Love These Engines- Hot Rod Had An Article-while I Was Waiting For Delivery Of My Car-said To Take The Car Directly Home And Change The Thin Break In Oil They Used To Use In New Cars In Those Days-i Truly Think That Kept My Engines Low End Real Strong-as Some Others Did Blow There Engines Up (use To Here This On occcasion )-took Much Longer To Break In The Engine-as The 409s Rings Are Chrome -but Had A Very Reliable Low End As A Result-i Do Go On-and On About This Stuff Regards----tony Lentini