409 Engine fired up June 28 2009, hasn't ran since 1975!!

HalThe409Man

Don't know how to embed videos, check it out on YouTube!!!

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's really cool Hal. I've got a 348 in the same situation. Seems to run good after sitting since ?
Looks like you need to bolt that thing down though. I think it's ready to take off. Is it going in the 61?
:cool::cool:

HalThe409Man

I was just demonstrating the motor because it was for sale! A guy from Snohomish bought it.... recently! I'm selling all of my 409 stuff so I can save up to buy a Brand New Lamar Walden 540 Cubic Inch Z11!!!!!!!!!! Pretty awesome..

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Wow! Cool engine! Another 409 saved!

I was just demonstrating the motor because it was for sale! A guy from Snohomish bought it.... recently! I'm selling all of my 409 stuff so I can save up to buy a Brand New Lamar Walden 540 Cubic Inch Z11!!!!!!!!!! Pretty awesome..

Alright!! Has LW already started shipping the alum. 409s? When are you getting yours?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hay Hal, Great job. Are we going to see the same deminstration on the 540????:deal

HalThe409Man

Lamar told me to call him up around September to check on the result, it's all in the air right now just setting goals and working towards them!! I plan on putting the 540 in my '61 Chevy Biscayne.