409 hi-perf heads

mike93z

I have a set of 409 hi-perf heads casting # on 1 is 3814690 and the other is 3852583. They have dual springs and titanium retainers installed, and will need a rebuild. I want to sell them and was wondering what they are worth. I was already offered $500.00 but didn't take it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

mike93z

I just need a ballpark figure incase I do sell them. I'm trying to get the rest of the car, which is abandoned on an old farm in northern Wi.

bobs409

Administrator
Giving prices is tough but I can say that matching pairs are fetching $1,500-$2,000. (sometimes higher too)

Since yours don't match, you can lower those figures some. (unless you happen to find someone with another mis-matched pair. In that case, they'd be worth alot to that person.

If I had these heads, I'd put them on ebay and sell them in seperate auctions. (make mention of each other in the description incase someone wanted the pair) From what I've seen, no 409 parts leave ebay without the seller getting a very nice price. (sometimes an outragious price!) I'd bet they do very well being hi-po heads.

I think someone on this board was looking for just 1 head a while back. I would think there should be a few out there looking for just 1.

Hope this helps,

Kirby J

690 /583

you can get close to $2000 for them .. put them on ebay they go crazy for these heads .. i have seen them sell for $3000 .. mismatched sets go for $1800 and up..just make sure you have them checked for cracks first it might mean the difference of $500 or more.. describe them very well it helps