409 High Performance heads

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I have a very nice set of 62's.

I can check them out and can get back with you if you like.

G2162 and 119 Julian date. Believe all original with original valve springs, retainers , valves and rocker arms. No porting and heads have not been milled. Give me a couple of days to look them over.

I know exactly where you live !!!! I have a dear friend who lives in Odessa.

Last edited:

409 Tex

Complete, ready to bolt on? To you have the correct intake as well? Ready to bold on, how much.

Question, if they are going on a 409/340 would you have to change the cam and lifters?

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Tex. My daughter lives in Big Spring. I plan on doing some bracket racing at the Abilene track this year. BT

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
409 Tex....my heads are as built by the factory. Factory GM valves were 2-piece and should never be used. Good stainless valves are available now. Heads need to be checked for valve guide wear and touch up the seats as a minimum. Hot tank and mag also.
I have a 2x4 setup complete with fuel lines. Carbs are 3361-S front and 3804-S rear. Intake looks good. Also 425HP oil pan, the windage tray, harmonic balancer, timing cover, 925/926 HP 63-64 exhaust manifolds, water pump and crank pulleys. I also have a mint 63 3830814 block, std bore, no cracks, QB block and crank.
In the next couple of days, I will post all this in the Parts for Sale section.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I didn't know that. He had the 62 Belair station wagon that I bought...380HP 409 4-speed, metallic brakes, still had original engine and 4-speed. I'll never find another car like that!!!! Oh....and it was built in LA.....absolutely rust free!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
409 Tex......check the For Sale section. I posted descriptions and pictures of the parts I have. PM me for my phone number if you have questions.

AK-Guy

Well Known Member
I need a little bit of help here. I've never seen the acronym "PM" before -> what does it mean on this forum? It seems to be used a lot.

AK-Guy

Well Known Member
Thanks Dave and Jeff! I knew I could have a conversation on this site, but had not heard the term Private Message (PM)