409 Main Caps

Hooley

The pic seemed to work so I have a couple more. I have the lower arms boxed now and waiting on the adj upper arms that are back ordered. I have trimed the brackets from a 9" ford rear end . The next step is remove the brackets from the Chevy rear end. I am thinking about centering the rear end up on the welding table and welding the brackets to the table then cutting them off to be welding to the 9". I'l set the 9" on the brackets to be tack welded on for a good alignment[i hope] Any suggestions here would help.

Hooley

Attachments

• 100_1447.jpg
    100_1447.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_1469.jpg
    100_1469.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 46

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Make sure the pinion is centered in the driveshaft tunnel. You may want to raise the upper mounting points on the rear axle 2 inches. This will help the geometry and get the car to bite harder.

Hooley

Mr HP, I have been reading about the upper bars in the archives. From what I see to raise the rear of the bar 2" leaves the bracket a little flimsey. I was wondering about lowering the front 1" and raising the rear 1" for about the same angle in the bar. It may accomplish the same thing with twice the work. Any ideas?
The pic's of the add on to the rear bracket didn't have any boxing or bracing on it.
It may have not been finished yet.

It looks like you have to use the 2 piece drive shaft. Are there issues with this and some added torque from the engine?

Later Hooley

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Billit carrier bearing wild hold the shaft in place. You can buy brackets from Global West i think and it lowers the front mounting point of the upper control arm. Called anti squat brackets. I made my own.