409N Project

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Posting a few pics of the latest project of many by Nasty1 (uncle Marv to me) The 409N will be all Black, Grey with polished stainless and Brass wherever possible. This is the same man that built a reverse rotation 409 in a 60 corvair. All work is extremely well thought out and sterile to look as "stock" or common place as can be. 409N1.jpg409N3.jpg

Attachments

• 409N6.jpg
    409N6.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 58
  • 409N5.jpg
    409N5.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 409N4.jpg
    409N4.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 58

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Diggin the seat. Very neat & unique project. I wish I had the talent & capability of making & casting 1 off parts like that. It truly amazes me all the unique parts the big 3 and aftermarket made during the 60's that were castings. Z11 heads & manifolds, mystery motor heads & manifolds, highriser FE parts, cammer FE parts, Chrysler cross ram intakes, MT intakes. All these parts required tooling to make molds to be able to pour castings. You cannot pay to have the tooling/patterns made and make 100 parts today. It would be ridiculous $$$.
Jeff

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Posting a few pics of the latest project of many by Nasty1 (uncle Marv to me) The 409N will be all Black, Grey with polished stainless and Brass wherever possible. This is the same man that built a reverse rotation 409 in a 60 corvair. All work is extremely well thought out and sterile to look as "stock" or common place as can be. View attachment 129007
Isn't this just the perfect set-up to add a couple of little wheels to and there's ya wheelie bars :laugh:laugh
Mind you, you'd have to make sure that you hyd's are locked in the down position :fear2

Gav

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Diggin the seat. Very neat & unique project. I wish I had the talent & capability of making & casting 1 off parts like that. It truly amazes me all the unique parts the big 3 and aftermarket made during the 60's that were castings. Z11 heads & manifolds, mystery motor heads & manifolds, highriser FE parts, cammer FE parts, Chrysler cross ram intakes, MT intakes. All these parts required tooling to make molds to be able to pour castings. You cannot pay to have the tooling/patterns made and make 100 parts today. It would be ridiculous $$$.
Jeff
Tell me about it!

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jeff
I noticed that.
Bob

OkieJoe29

Well Known Member
Yeah the TO30’s are similar. I’ve got a 135 with the Perkins 3 cylinder diesel. Started disassembly to day.

Attachments

• IMG_9252.jpeg
    IMG_9252.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 327