409's at test and tune 11/09/2019

47Hudson

The Impala was to be Lamar Walden's Final big 409. He had Donovan pour a special block for that engine. Unfortunately we lost Lamar before he could complete the Engine. His son Rob picked up the project and finished the engine earlier this year. Its over 1000 hp and pretty much one of a kind. The Pontiac most people on here are already familiar with as jim_ss409 built the car. It's a Bob Walla block and heads.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That was a great score on Jim’s Pontiac!! “Neat Car”!! I could tell the Bel air had something big in it when it left at what sounded like idle and ran what it did. With the right converter that things gonna be even quicker. Thanks, BT
is it just me or did the Impala hesitate at the line?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
That's what I thought too!!!!!!!!
etiquette.
People just assume whenever that phrase is uttered on this forum that you are included automatically Phil. But I guess we need to update occasionally for the new members. From now on when great minds are mentioned please think , Phil Reed. I apologize for the breach of etiquette.

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The car needs some engine tuning, the converter changed, and probably a rear gear change before we see its true potential. 8.50s would be nice.
I'm thinking it will be faster than that. Getting the power to the ground will be hard but once it does, that car will be ridiculous. I want to shoe horn that intake onto my stock 348 in my wagon so I can pretend go fast. Though the 1000cfm I get from the current Dual quads is already pretend enough. LOL!