42 Willys stolen

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
One of the East Coast Gasser guys had his pickup, trailer and car stolen from a motel parking lot on the way back from the Hot Rod Reunion.:cuss
People are putting the word out and I thought it couldn't hurt to do a post here. I don't have a photo of the truck but it's a maroon colored F-250 pulling a white trailer. The car is an absolutely beautiful yellow 42 Willys with a steel body.

Attachments

• balash.jpg
    balash.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 86
  • balash3.jpg
    balash3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 79

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's Sacrilege!! :mad: If it comes to idaho I'll drive it back home after I knee cap the guy :D
Take the woman but leave the dog and car alone!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I felt terrible when I heard about this. I was pitted right next to these folks at last years Hot Rod Reunion. They're really nice people, I hope they get the car back.
Here's a better picture of the truck and trailer. It's got Virginia plates.
Edit... There's a little more info here... http://www.gassermadness.com/

Attachments

• DSCN1761.jpg
    DSCN1761.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 85

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
That seems to be a real common occurrence at many car shows and events.
I would have to sleep in my truck.
Sad thing is, I never hear of any of these being recovered.

There are way too many people pulling this crap that need to permanently disappear.
:takethat:takethat:takethat:takethat:takethat

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Bummer

That would break my spirit and faith in humankind if that were to happen to me or even someone I knew. I do hope they are able to recover their possessions.

TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Brian:
1) Are you saying this isn't the same as a "lojack" or similar device.
2) How is it going to work inside our trailers especially those that have the interior package?
3) I am concerned about battery life or is it like our EZ Pass transponders and last a couple of years.

I looked at a device that sounded similar to this over at Ocean City but thought it was a "lojack" wanna be
Thanks for your help in advance
Robert

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian:
1) Are you saying this isn't the same as a "lojack" or similar device.
2) How is it going to work inside our trailers especially those that have the interior package?
3) I am concerned about battery life or is it like our EZ Pass transponders and last a couple of years.

I looked at a device that sounded similar to this over at Ocean City but thought it was a "lojack" wanna be
Thanks for your help in advance
Robert

-Hmmmmm.... Well when I looked at it last night, it showed a different product. Today it is an actual remote tracking device! It does seem like a very cool device to have for our older cars. They also offer a power adapter module with battery backup so you don't need to worry about replacing batteries. It is cellular based and as long as it has a signal it can be tracked, but carries a monthly access fee depending on how often you want updates.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What a shame !!

Seems now a days you have to secure everything you own.
Lojack seems to be a great product and is a good investment to protect anything mobile.

GPS units also work but they have tell tale antennas that let thief's know they are installed.
Once they take the vehicle and disable the GPS the unit it will only show where they disabled it.

Also make sure you have the GPS unit checked regularly to make sure it is working properly.

As some of you know I was driving a heating oil truck for a company and the truck was stolen and emptied.
It turns out that the GPS unit was not sending the signal and therefore it became useless.

I became the number one suspect due to it was my truck that got taken and I lost my job over this.

Seems my boss hired a private dick that had no brains and considered the theft an inside job.
Unknown to me the dick followed me (don`t know for how long) to the bar I go to and just my luck the female bartender matched the description of the girl that was spotted in the passengers seat.
Neither her nor I were involved but because of that coincidence I`m sure that was the reason I was let go.

If only the GPS unit was working they would have had a record where the truck had gone and I would still have a job.:bang

Sorry for the ramble,, but I guess the message here is to protect your trucks,car and trailers with a good security system that WORKS !!

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I hear they work pretty good and have helped in rocovering a few cars/trucks. Man if that was my ride I would have been the next feature on wild kingdoom with helicopters chasing me down to dart my butt!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Is this device ok then. I have house batteries but I'm still not sure about a trailer with interior and exterior panels. I wish this was as simple as pump controls and lumens
robert

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I`m not sure if that system is any cheaper to operate then LoJack or other services that have to have a monitoring service to work.
It also has to have cell coverage by certain carriers. (read below)

You can do quite a few things that are cheaper that can deture thieves like installing an alarm, hiden kill switches or even a hidden switch for a line lock for the truck or trailer.

But none can trak it if it is stolen.

Costs for the Trac Pro:

Upgraded internal modem Trim TRAC Pro will work anywhere in North America where there is GSM coverage: Cingular, T-Mobile, Fido and Rogers. Verify coverage area at http://www.cingular.com/coverageviewer/
Trim TRAC Pro is the only provider in North America that allows units to roam freely.
The Trim TRAC Pro has improved firmware: no more resets required!
New and more efficient internal antenna
Best rates for locates
Internet activation client does not have to do anything else than put the batteries in and put their payment into the system, no calls for setup no hassles.
Users can set up a perimeter (geofence) on a device this will mean less necessary communication while still having protection.
Best Tracking Application

Easily view satellite mapping online.
All information in one screen
Device controls online
Notification flexibility for a multitude of events, geofence, battery level etc.
Export function to Microsoft Excel
Online availability/uptime that cannot be beat!!
Support

Email Support (resolution usually within 1 business day)
Phone support Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Plan contracts available in 3 month, 6 month and 1 year

TRIM TRAC Pro Monthly Bundle Plans

Plan 1 $24.95* 2800 / 15 Min. Locates
Plan 2 $29.95* 4300 / 10 Min. Locates
Plan 3 $39.95* 8600 / 5 Min. Locates
Plan 4 $54.95* 21,000 / 2 Min. Locates
Plan 5 $69.95* 50,000 / 45 Sec. Locates

* Bundle pricing is subject to change.

Requires $59.95 activation fee upon setup and installation

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
They found the truck yesterday but the trailer, Willys and golf cart are gone. The car had a brand new 572ci 720hp GM crate engine and the golf cart is an EZ-GO model painted yellow to match the car. I thought I'd mention that in case someone sees some of this stuff for sale.