482stroker

482STROKER

Well Known Member
hello guys, I am the guy that Toms63SSQB bought the stahl headers from and he told me about this site and after checking it out I had to join, I have a 64 Impala SS that I bought from the original owners in 1976 and started playing with after I got out of the service in 1979, back then it was not very easy to get aftermarket parts for the 409, the first time I went through the engine I had some Venolia pistons and a Chet Herbert regrind cam with a set of warner headers, then I installed the front disc brakes when the kits first came out and followed that up with a 9 inch ford rear with 457 gear and then the Stahl headers in 1983, got married and bought a house and drove the car to the house put it in the garage and tore it down to the bare body and did the 482 and bought a richmond gear 5 speed trans and one of my army roommates that lived in Ohio called me and told me about this Mickey Thompson manifold that a friend of his had for sale for $100, I had never seen one but bought it and wow what a deal that turned out to be, well after all my kids raced quarter midgets and then we got into quads and before I know it 20 years has passed since I drove the car, the 482 has been on my engine stand for 15 years and never installed or run!! about all I have done over the last 2 years is buy a new set of 2 inch primary Stahl headers, I think its time to get this bad boy up and running, there seems to be alot of Hondas and Subaru WRX's that need to see what a real muscle car is all about!! glad Tom turned me on to this site and I plan on spending alot of time here and getting to know you guys, Steve

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Steve, Glad you found us. Hope you get your car together soon. Sounds like it will be a blast to cruise in. :)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard!

Greetings Steve. You've stumbled on a great bunch of guys. We just love these engines and the cars they reside it. I think it's pretty neat that you've had yours all along. I'm just getting started and have taken the bait real hard :).

We look forward to hearing about your resurrection, and if you have any questions, just ask!

Cheers!
TomK

482STROKER

Well Known Member
thanks guys, right now I am thinking that my 690's will be going up for sale so I can get a set of aluminum heads, its cool that this type of parts are coming out over 40 years after these engines were produced, I did check out the link for the edelbrocks and I doubt that those are what I would buy BUT does anyone know if those edelbrock valve covers are available? I could not find them on the edelbrock site, I have wanted a set of those forever

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome Steve: That sounds like a killer engine. Get it off the engine stand, and put it where it belongs.

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome Steve, if your looking for alminum heads check out Bob Wallas heads. He is a member here, is forum ID is Region Rat. He started producing the heads last year some of the members have them. Contact Bob and he will give you all the specs, flow numbers etc. The heads are priced very reasonable. Bo

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
avitar

Thanks 482STROKER. I hope to hear more from you on the come back of your 64 Impala SS