4to2

drag57x2

Has any body done a 58 4dr to 2dr came across a 348 original 4dr belair runs great ,Doing one on 57 not to bad of job as long as you have donor car

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Make sure I understand...

So you want to take a four door 1958 Belair and make it a two door, correct? Would that be a 2 door sedan, or a two door hardtop?

I think I've seen this discussed over in ChevyTalk, you might search that site. We sure can help you if you want to spruce up that 348, though :).

Good luck!
TomK

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Seems like a lot of work to make an already collectable car into a collaboration !!! :?:dunno Four door cars are becoming more desirable all the time, this year at HAN there were a number of really nice four doors.

Bill

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You can do what you want and I'm not knocking it but the cars that I have seen this done to look a little strange because the front door on a 4 door car is a lot smaller than a 2 door. You will have a large quarter panel and a small door. Just something to think about. Ken

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I've looked into this on a 56, but not a 58. The process should be pretty much the same though. You need doors from a 2 door and the inner quarter structure for the rear windows including the window frame to the roof. If you have that available then get the outer window frame structure as well as the outer quarter sheet metal if useable. Cut the spotwelds on the lock pillars, install the 2 door doors and locate the lock pillars farther aft to meet the rear of the doors. Fab in the inner structure for the quarter windows and regulators. Fit and weld the outer window frame and quarter structure or modify the back doors from the 4 door to use as outer quarter skins. The 58 is a little more difficult due to the rear pillar difference froma 4 door to a 2 door. The Bel Air stainless C pillar trim is different on a 2 door HT from a 4 door HT or a 2 door sedan.....3 different stainless pieces that look almost identical but do not interchange.
On second thought, just find a 2 door car if that's what you want.:scratch