58 Barn Find

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Since when did the 315 horse 348 come with a single 4bbl.,much less a Powerglide???Great story otherwise.

Reactions: 327

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've never been desperate to drive just anything, like a moredoor. Only if i was forced to as a young kid

• Haha

Lt.FrankDrebin

Well Known Member
I was desperate at one time. Therefore, a '56 station wagon was just fine. Still had the same experiences as all of those 2 door-only guys. In fact, this car got just as much views at shows as all of the 2 doors. Sometimes it's nice to see something different. And from an automobile history standpoint - it's nice to have more doors representing.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Actually i lied. I was that desperate once. At 17 I had my license suspended for 30 days and parent s wouldn't let me drive so I use to go take my girlfriends car which was a 55 4 door, beat walking and that was about it

• Haha

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
When I was in high school when I picked up my date she rode in my parents 4 door wagon.

The original story was way cool. I bet the car will clean up halfway decent.

Don't give a hoot what anyone has for a car. It's their deal.....if ya don't like it, buy them something you like.

Lt.FrankDrebin

Well Known Member
Actually i lied. I was that desperate once. At 17 I had my license suspended for 30 days and parent s wouldn't let me drive so I use to go take my girlfriends car which was a 55 4 door, beat walking and that was about it
Well, at age 15 in 1990, I really wanted a tri-five. The right car for me came along, that I could afford and get back on the road on a 15yo's budget - '56 4dr wagon. Never regretted buying it and putting all that work into it. Sold it only 4 years ago; owning it for 27 years. Personally, I'd rather have that '56 wagon back or the '58 more door above than a '58 delivery. ;)