58 Convertible 348 Tri Power Carb Tuning

Skim

Well Known Member
Hey guys its been a little while since Ive been in here. Infact its been a couple years. I have some questions regarding a couple things. Someone in the DFW Texas area good at synchronizing / tuning my tri power set up. Also after a while she gets to running a bit warm which is nothing new on these W motors but what are people doing to keep them cool especiallly in these hot summer days? Any help or tips thanks in advance.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Tony, Good to hear from you. Sorry I can't help with the 3x2s. If you were needing help with AFBs, I could help. Anyway, glad to see you are still motoring around. Love your avatar.

Skim

Well Known Member
Hey Ronnie thanks, good to hear from you too. Yeah I snuck that pic of Brian snoozin on a crazy road trip to Charlotte, funny he had one of me snoozin that he would post to get me back. As far as cooling goes I gotta get something figured out its too damn hot right now.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Good to see you on the board again Tony! There was recently a thread about overheating that cover a lot of options to get temps down. Mine never puked anything out but ran about 200 with a 160 thermostat in 90 degree weather. I found it liked more timing then I was getting by setting it by the normal method.

http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/overheating.26903/

Last edited:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Good to see you on the board again Tony! There was recently a thread about overheating that cover a lot of options to get temps down. Mine never puked anything out but ran about 200 with a 160 thermostat in 90 degree weather. I found it liked more timing then I was getting by setting it by the normal method.

http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/overheating.26903/

Dick I have learned the same thing with the 61 and at the timing I am running it should spark knock but doesn't. But do the basic fan/shroud placement items first and also they won't do well temp wise without an operating vacuum advance. Both of those are topics for donut shop early morning engineers! Now I am retired and might take a break to visit your engineering group and learn something
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Slim nice ride I hope to get down to Dallas someday soon. I also like the avatar
Robert

Skim

Well Known Member
thanks guys, I had contemplated something along the lines of the fan set up just seems like these shrouds just dont canister enough around the fan. I will check out the timing as well. Other than that she runs great.