58 fender mirrors

chevyjason

Well Known Member
Hey guys,
I am ready to mount the new fender mirrors that i got about a year ago. I have found that they don't have any hardware or instructions included.:doh
I can get hardware, but i don't know where to drill the holes. Does anyone know the correct position for them or is it just a case of setting them where they look OK?
Jason

j

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Jason,
Unfortunately I don't have my 58 4 dr ht anymore or I could get the measurements for you. Do you have a copy of the 58 Accessories Manual? It shows the installation of the mirrors with dimensions but there are different mirrors and they mount in different locations. Are you referring to the fender mounted mirror that looks like an airplane on the front part no. 987845 or the more typical 987768 which mounts on the door or on the fender just in front of the door? Attached are the pages from the Accessories manual but the only actual dimensions given are tose for the airplane mirror. The others show templates but should give you a pretty good idea where they go. I personally prefer the mirror on the door since that's where the holes usually are and I hate drilling more holes in my fenders.

Attachments

• 58 mirror A_366x480.jpg
    58 mirror A_366x480.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 58 mirror B_378x480.jpg
    58 mirror B_378x480.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 58 mirror C_357x480.jpg
    58 mirror C_357x480.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 48

chevyjason

Well Known Member
Hi Cecil,
I have the common type of mirrors, i'll give it a go as per the diagram you have posted. Thanks mate,
Jason