58 Fleetside

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Does anyone know the production numbers for 58 Chevy Fleetside pickups? I may be getting one, and I was reading that they came out mid year. Thought maybe it was somewhat rare? Thanks, NUT

OldTruckNut

Well Known Member
I have a book called "The Standard Catalog of American Light Duty Trucks 1906-1986", which has lots of neat info and figures on old trucks. But I looked last night and most of the 1958 production numbers are blank. I guess they weren't available or something. It does say that 1,405 1958 Cameo Carrier Pickups were built before the Fleetline took their place.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Hey Aaron,
I was looking really hard at a 58 Short box fleet side last week myself.
it was out of Ladysmith Wisconsin red with original 6 cylinder and stick.
Just wondering if you were looking at the same truck??

I really dont have any room for it right now so I passed on buying the one I was looking at.

The fleetside 58 and 59 Apache trucks are awesome,
and definately more rare than a step side.
Post pictures if you buy one, those are one of my favorite trucks.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Here is a photo of a 59 as it was leaving Kansas City International Raceway September '04. He said he came to watch the 409's race, but as everyone knows, "rained out".

I could have gotten a few closeups, but didn't think of it until he was leaving:doh

Ron

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Oh boy that is a good looking truck!!!
Now I am going to wish I had some room.
No room or time for a project right now.

Ron, thanks for posting that picture.

Todd

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
droptop62 said:
I was looking really hard at a 58 Short box fleet side last week myself.
it was out of Ladysmith Wisconsin red with original 6 cylinder and stick.
Just wondering if you were looking at the same truck??

This one is a Red and White 6cyl. but it's a long box in International Falls. I don't remember ever seeing a short box fleetside from 58-59:scratch But that sounds very rare:deal
Ron, that Red truck is Awsome!:clap The one I'm looking at has the small back window. I love the look of that wide glass!
You guys are kinda getting me going now. I've got a 58 348 that would look real neat under the hood!:brow NUT

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
348NUT said:
I don't remember ever seeing a short box fleetside from 58-59:scratch But that sounds very rare

Aaron,
the photo Ron posted is a short box fleetside.

I also like the big back window, but the one I was looking at was the small back window too.

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Huh,

Well what da ya know:doh I guess the one I'm looking at is a really long box.:rolleyes: NUT

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Too bad you guys are are all up north. I have a 58 big back window fleetside shortbed that I need to get rid of. Too many projects. It is has a 58 283 3-spd but is not currently running. Minor riust in the usual places, cab corners etc. but still in original paint. I also have a 63 big back window short bed and a 65 GMC small back window shortbed that I got from the original 90 year old lady owner. I also have her 51 GMC 5 window with visor and hood ornament that she bought new. I can't restore them all so I am ready to get my inventory down to something more manageable. Let me know if there is any interest.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
oldskydog said:
I have a 58 big back window fleetside shortbed that I need to get rid of. Too many projects. It is has a 58 283 3-spd but is not currently running. Minor riust in the usual places, cab corners etc. but still in original paint. I also have a 63 big back window short bed .

Cecil,
What is the asking price on both the 58 and the 63?
Any chance of some photos.
Thanks, Todd

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Trucks

Thanks for the interest guys. I have been having computer probs lately so I may be slow to respond. I haven't had any luck posting pics here that are big enough and high enough resolution so if you will email me your address, I will email some pics back.
Thanks, Cecil