58 front wheel bearings

mr58chevy

so all i need is the hubs 4rm a 61-68 with the special racer and bearings ? so where can i get the racer and bearings

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Get a hold of 1958 sedan delivery (Mike). He has what you need. Can't beat the service or the price.

Ray

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'd like to mention that I did at one time offer these on Feebay, I would sand blast, paint and press the new studs etc, however I stopped some time ago because I'm too busy on my disc brake kits to mess with these on a regular basis, that is why I mention that the buyer can press the studs instead of me. I don't like doing that but offered the item to help out. I also would get $100 for the pair on Feebay so for a discount I pass some of the work on .

jeff hall

Well Known Member
Sometimes I can't believe my luck! I am in the process of tearing down the front end of my "60". Let me get this straight, I can either buy special tapered bearing or go to 61-68 hubs and use them?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sometimes I can't believe my luck! I am in the process of tearing down the front end of my "60". Let me get this straight, I can either buy special tapered bearing or go to 61-68 hubs and use them?

Yes, hubs from 61 to 68 (I think they are the same until 70 but whatever) are the same except they use A2 and A6 tapered bearings.

mr58chevy

hey mr 58 delivry if u still got the bubs and bearings let me know so i can have u send them my way and how we will make the transaction

Stovebolt V8

Supporting Member 1
Might sound like an advertisement but several years back I had a 57 pick-up with very oversize wheel/tire setup running ball bearings. Every 4 to 6 months I had to replace the bearings. A friend gave me a tube of Amsoil synthetic grease to try, a year later he asked how the bearings were doing, I had forgotten about the previous problem but decided to pull the wheels to check them, All still like new! I've been using it ever since, no more bearing problems, ball or tapper, I love the stuff. :bow