58 Impala washers.

39caddy

Hope I'm doing this right. It's my first post. I am looking for a line diagram for my washer system. I have 2 speed electric wipers with the center push button for the washers. I have been hooking up the vacuum line directly from the port on the manifold directly to the washer cap marked vacuum. Obviously the one marked water is not a problem. The other two ports on top go directly to the two hoses on the back of my switch. No matter which way I hook those last two up, it won't work. Hooked up one way and the wipers run all the time. Hook those two up the other way, and they spray fluid when I shut the car off. I have not been able to find an exact diagram for the hoses. Can anyone help. Thanks.

39caddy

Thanks for the info. It has the same jar but my wipers are 2 Speed electric. I have found the correct diagram on lime but still no luck. The vacuum lines are installed correctly but still have the same issue as stated before. Maybe I'll run into someone with the same exact car someday and I can get some insight.
This seems way to simple to have
This issue. I went to a Cadillac show recently where they also have the same system. I asked a couple of them about their washer system and ironically theirs didn't work either. Thanks again for the info.