58 Parking Brake Signal Instructions

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
For the longest time, I grabbed an accessory item referred to as a parking brake signal. I always wanted to install it but regretfully it didn't come with any instructions. Plus, I've yet to find any in my accessory manuals.
By chance does anyone here have an install copy or narritive they can share?

Old School

Supporting Member 1
There was one sold on ebay today Item number #370324908258. It came with the install instruction sheet. Contact the seller before he ships it and maybe he will scan and email it to you.. Very rare item...

Mick

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yeah Mick - That's what reminded me of having it in the first place. Good suggestion... I just sent the seller a request and we'll see how it goes.
(Kinda awkward asking and hope ebay doesn't criticize me for "inappropriate communications" or the like. :eek:
I scored this unit ages ago basically "trusting" it was actually a '58 item. Not seeing anything about these for so long kinda supports how rare I suppose these really are.

Again, any help from those is appreciated.

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
??????

My 58 didn't have one, does it come with a setup like the brake light switch, does it have it's own light assembly, can't remember (Mines in a million pieces right now) but does the dash pannel have a place for it?

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Apparently, these weren't a popular accessory. (Meaning haven't seen many cars with this accessory over the years)
They were in fact an optional accessory item. GM # 987775

Attachments

• 58 Park Brake light.jpg
    58 Park Brake light.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 72

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Cool

That's pretty neat! Hope you can get Intructions
Guess it wasn't an orig op but looks NOS
Geez that's a big light.