'58 wheels - two different GM part #s

Lt.FrankDrebin

Well Known Member
I was looking through the '58 assembly manual and noticed two part numbers for '58 wheels. 3750590 and 3750930, which can be used interchangeably, it appears. Anyone knows what these are?

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I don't know if the Impala wheels came painted but they were all silver whereas the others were body color so they had to be painted the appropriate color. ???

Lt.FrankDrebin

Well Known Member
I don't know if the Impala wheels came painted but they were all silver whereas the others were body color so they had to be painted the appropriate color. ???
The thought did cross my mind since the whole '58 BelAir line came with silver wheels, but then in the assembly manual, the two wheels would have the model/series designation rather than 'OPT'. When I saw the two part #s for '58 wheels, I guess I was hoping that one of the part #s would be for '59-'61 wheels since my '58 has '59-'61 wheels that are in great original shape. I'm getting ready to have new tires mounted since I discovered that the front tires are rubbing the upper A arm or ball joint and one is worn quite substantially. This is when I thought the wheel offset was different from the '58 to the '59-'61, but now that I have both, I'll measure the offset and if they're the same, I'll go ahead and have the tires mounted onto the '59-'61 wheels I have rather than strive for 2 or 3 more correct '58 wheels. That way, I can continue to hunt for those additional '58 wheels I need. I love hunting for hard-to-find stuff.

Last edited:

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
58 Rims are a single year style. I know them as credit card rims since you can barely slip a C card through the slim vents. This article depicts them best as well as others. Good luck.
Wheels 1.jpg

Attachments

• Wheels 2.jpg
    Wheels 2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Wheels 3.jpg
    Wheels 3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Wheels 4.jpg
    Wheels 4.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Lt.FrankDrebin

Well Known Member
58 Rims are a single year style. I know them as credit card rims since you can barely slip a C card through the slim vents. This article depects them best as well as others. Good luck.
View attachment 122502
Thank you for that. I found that article by Denny Williams extremely helpful. I do know what a '58 wheel looks like. I actually now have two - one thanks to a member on this site. When I saw the two part #s for '58 wheels in the assembly manual, I guess I was hopeful that one of the #s would be either the '57 design or the '59-'61 design because true '58 wheels seem to be hard to come-by.