59 348 tri power

radegg

Just picked up a 55 chevy 4 door paid 2000. The car is really rough will probably part it out the real prise was under the hood a 1959 348CI 335 HP tri power. Engine is complete the carbs are off and in a bucket. I think that I can get back around $1000 if I part the car out. Can anyone give me an idea of what this engine is worth.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It's probably only worth about $1000. What's your address so I can set my GPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really...........have seen them on eBay for a whole bunch of dollars but not selling. Post some pictures of the engine and car if you can.

radegg

Phil thanks for the feed back I just got the car to my shop today. The suffix # is TI009FE. or maybe the I is a 1 not sure. The date code on the manafold is A1659. I think all the carbs are original I will check them out tomorrow and get some #s off them??? I should have the engine pulled this weekend and will get some pics. The old lady that I bought it from said that her husband drag raced it back in the 60s and the last year that it was plated was 1969.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That certainly is a neat find!!! Congrats!!! You going to put it in something or just sell it?
Curious as to what the previous owner did with the oil pan..................

radegg

I think I will keep the 348 for a future project and sell the car I will part it out or sell whole. The trany turned out to be a 4 speed hydromatic I think. Casting # is 8617230 and date # is 10N14. Need some help figuring this out. The rear end is a 4-11 limited slip posy. Lots of good parts on the car bumpers, chrome, head lights, tail lights, grill. Here are some pics DSC_0557.JPGDSC_0558.JPGDSC_0560.JPGDSC_0564.JPGThanks Dave Eggerling