'59 Impala HVAC components

chase

Gotta question for anyone who might know. I just removed all the factory heating and A/C components from my impala. It is all there but needs restored. Is this worth anything? Not putting it back in the car, going with a Vintage Air Sure Fit system. Seems like someone doing a restoration on a factory A/C car might be looking for some of this stuff. The only thing I'll use is the extra pulley, vents and the control levers.

Obnxs1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Definitely worth something as it's factory AC. Just heat, I don't know.

chase

It's A/C and heat. Everything with the exception of the extra pulley, interior dash vents and control levers, I need those for use with the vintage air system. Not going to use the under dash unit they have. Want to keep the interior close to factory.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Try contacting originalair.com in Florida they might give you credit towards a retrofit kit.
59/60 are similar but not exactly the same.
58 stuff is a lot harder to find and definitely costs more but you should find plenty of buyers depending on condition and price of course.

Other options are
Danny Howell at South East Chevy Parts
https://southeastchevyparts.3dcartstores.com/mobile/home.asp
Or Bill Oldenburg at classy58@jcwifi.com

62BillT

Well Known Member
Yes, as other have mentioned it does have some value. I would be interested in it myself, if you were closer, lol.

chase

62 BillT,
Where is Moneta? My son lives in Winchester and I go up there about 3 times a year. I plan on cleaning and inspecting all the components and really evaluate the condition. Once I do I'll post some pix on here somewhere.

62BillT

Well Known Member
62 BillT,
Where is Moneta? My son lives in Winchester and I go up there about 3 times a year. I plan on cleaning and inspecting all the components and really evaluate the condition. Once I do I'll post some pix on here somewhere.

I'm SE of Roanoke, about 45 minutes from I-81 .

62BillT

Well Known Member
Chase,

No, I don't check Cragslist like I used to, but went looking for it after I saw your post about it. Interesting truck. Funny though, as he is listing it as a '64, but the Drivers Side of the truck is saying that it is a '65 and the Passenger Side, a '66 (by the Emblems). A check of the VIN Plate would tell for sure. I should probably go look at it to buy it, but really have too many irons in the fire, lol. The truck has got pretty nice sheet metal to boot, besides having that well-sought-after engine in it.