'60 impala sun visor

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
finally got around to buying a set of sun visors that my '60 impala never had...the car has a new head liner and I have no idea as to how to locate the factory holes without poking...I'm hoping one of you guys have a '60 project with no headliner installed and can post up a picture...or mebbe have a suggestion as to how I can figure the spacing out...

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
If you pull the A-pillar covers and the upper garnish molding off, you should be able to put eyes on those holes and go from there. Hopefully the shop didn't put any adhesive on the headliner in that area...

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
You should be able to push with finger to locate big hole where the spring of visor goes in. That will have to be slit anyway then put the visor in there and that should help locate the screw holes by orientating the mounting plate.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
it dawned on me last night while trying to shut my mind off that my 59 el camino had the exact sheet metal up front as the 60 impala...thanks for the help fellas, should be a no brainer

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
hot damn that was easy, all except removing 3 pieces of aluminum trim...you guys that have done a handful of these cars know the finesse needed to remove the trim...this was my first time and was baffled by the pillar post...even looking at the el camino I didn't see how it came free...it dawned on me that I have a full spare set of trim on the shelf...yup, there's a hidden flange that prohibits the cover from being removed...once I saw that flange it was fairly easy...the headliner is telling me contact cement will keep it taught when installing the trim...gonna wait to install the trim another day...finally got the copo clone and the refurbished radiator back together, fires right up thru the chambered exhaust...shifter is too tight for hard shifts so that's the next project before the rebuilt p/s pump goes back in...