60's Roadside Attractions, City's & Streets Thread

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Never Never land is or was in Point Defiance Park 1 mile from where I grew up and 2 miles from where I live now and is long gone now but I have many fond memories of that place and Camp 6 which was a historic logging railroad with a 3 truck shay before before it was also shut down and split up

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Man look at that '63 Biscayne in the background. My dad bought a '61 Brookwood wagon and it swayed so bad in the rear when he drove it he took the car back for a refund. The sales guy drove it again and said it was fine. That's when my Mom (she had anger issues) got involved and ripped that sales guy a new butthole, :laughingThey took the car in the shop, hoisted it and we looked on as the sway bar was missing and the rear shocks leaked like an oil well. The dealer agreed with my Mon to do all the work for "free" after all the nasty words Mom called him I can see why:lmao

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
My dad bought a new 59 Impala 4 door. It swayed bad driving down the road. Dad and I both got under the back end trying to figure out why it swayed so bad. We rocked the body side ways, but couldn't see why it moved so easy. 2 years later, I tore up the Turboglide. Dad traded the 59 for a new 61 Impala sport sedan. It drove straight, no sway, a pleasure to drive. So we got under the back end of this one to see if we could figure out the difference. We immediately saw the difference, but didn't know the name of it at the time. The 59 had been missing the panhard bar. No wonder it drove so bad.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Western NY (Buffalo area) is getting another dose of Lake Effect today. 1-3 feet more. It's snowing right now as I can look out with my Ring door bell camera, So glad I am 1400 miles away. Dealt with that crap for my whole life up until a few years ago. The only thing I really miss is I can't work on my cars.

bobs409

Administrator
And they are butt ugly too. I'd say these "all season" tires aren't helping much. Back in my day tires were TIRES! :cuss