'61 409

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
When did saginaw come out? These QA blocks all have the 61 block number I assume, as they are genuine. Great pictures.
The few QA blocks in late 61 were 380 hp and most likely 068 castings from late June early July. They would have 690 heads. No documented QB engines in late 61 as far as I know but they were on the production approval list from Tonawanda.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I own a 1961 ss it has a QB motor in it with duel quads and factory 4 speed not sure who put it in but not complaining just been trying to find as much history of it as I can
What is the block casting number, casting date and assembly date? a
A picture of the trim tag could be very interesting.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I believe Robert has sold his car.
Yes, unfortunately due to some circumstances I sold that car and the 62 red SS 409/409 car. The blue real SS 409 car is in California but I’m not sure where. I also sold the 61 348 car and my ATC trailer. Now in process of clearing the shop and show facilities and getting rid of parts and equipment. My health is stabilizing finally
Robert

Well Known Member
Yes, unfortunately due to some circumstances I sold that car and the 62 red SS 409/409 car. The blue real SS 409 car is in California but I’m not sure where. I also sold the 61 348 car and my ATC trailer. Now in process of clearing the shop and show facilities and getting rid of parts and equipment. My health is stabilizing finally
Robert
That’s a beautiful car collection you had, but your health comes first take care of yourself.