61 Dogdishes

John Whigham

Will dog dishes work on my 61' "nubbie" steel wheels instead of the full size wheel covers ? I don't believe the dog dishes were correct for the 61' Impala however they are my preference. I am probably just being defiant.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Wheel covers were an option, what you are calling dog dishes were standard equipment on the Impala.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If they are original 61 wheels, then yes the dog dish caps will work just fine. Nothing wrong with "poverty caps" on an Impala in my opinion.

John Whigham

Honestly, I thought the full size wheel covers were standard on the Impala. I don't feel quite as defiant now, I'll keep trying!

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just the 61 SS got full wheel covers and white walls. I'm guessing the the wheels were Black?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Just the 61 SS got full wheel covers and white walls. I'm guessing the the wheels were Black?
I am certain the wheels are body color on Impala but black on SS. What is the build date of the car and what is the original color of insert on body side moldings if can be determined.
Robert

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am certain the wheels are body color on Impala but black on SS. What is the build date of the car and what is the original color of insert on body side moldings if can be determined.
Robert
Wheels were body color on all models, Biscayne, Bel-Air and, Impala with exception of SS which were black