61 Impala restoration

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is my 4th 61 Impala and I should know the answers but I guess I'm getting older. Where can I find information that shows the location and clips used to replace front and rear windshield molding?
After scraping away some Arizona Desert dirt if seems the under side of the car was painted red oxide, is that true of all the under side sheet metal?
I owned this car 10 years ago, sold it in parts , just bought it back, now its in smaller parts, but it came back with a fresh 340 HP 409. with all the trimmings.
I know you guys from the rust belt would love this ..... all orginal and never rust.
AZ409

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
61 shop manual

the 61 shop manual show where to place the clips and how to put sealer on them. I have a pack of 8 new. Not sure if they are front or rear or both. I seem to think they are the same front and back. $1.00 each plus shipping, just let me know.

Attachments

• clips.jpg
    clips.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 36

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a set those clips, I think they are for the back window and maybe for the top and sides of the front. Thanks for the feedback on the manual it was a big help. AZ409

dgwar

Well Known Member
the 61 shop manual show where to place the clips and how to put sealer on them. I have a pack of 8 new. Not sure if they are front or rear or both. I seem to think they are the same front and back. $1.00 each plus shipping, just let me know.

I'll take those clips if the other guy don't need them.