61 Impala two door flat top

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I assume by "flat top" you mean 2 door sedans. They did make four door "flat tops" in 1961, lots of them. There were some 153,988 two door sedans made across the three models in 1961. I don't know of any break down across the Biscayne/Belair/Impala lines, but someone might. You don't see too many 1961 Impala two door sedans around (ask Cecil, he had one that was a 348 car).

Do you have one?

TomK

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know of two 4 door flat top sedan and a wagon.
biggrin.gif

IMG_6792.jpg

Sal58

I assume by "flat top" you mean 2 door sedans. They did make four door "flat tops" in 1961, lots of them. There were some 153,988 two door sedans made across the three models in 1961. I don't know of any break down across the Biscayne/Belair/Impala lines, but someone might. You don't see too many 1961 Impala two door sedans around (ask Cecil, he had one that was a 348 car).

Do you have one?

TomK
I don’t but I am looking to buy one, I like the way they look

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
So are you thinking 2 door sedan Impala or are you opening things up to include the four door flat top?

I actually like the four door "Sports Sedan" (no post) they made those years...

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I kinda like mine. The only hedge on the Belair is the 1-model-only side trim can be a PITA. The Biscayne has none, and I assume the Impala would have the more common stuff. These cars are perhaps less likely to have been previously butchered.

I'm with Tom, I'd maybe do a Sports Sedan if the right one came along.

No, on second thought, I better not even start considering stuff like that. Storage issues are bad enough now.

DaveN

Well Known Member
We had 2 Impala 2 door sedans up this way a black one in pieces put together well enough to sell in Michigan and the other was a car of a friend made up to look like a 409 car with 540 intake and all it was sold on ebay it was white and light green and went to the east coast.