61 quarter panel replacement

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
I got lucky and found a pair, 2-door HT, fairly close to home. I am going down Friday, eastern Oregon, to pick them up. They also come with a complete 4-door HT 283 powerglide that is rust free car. My car was hit on the drivers side at one point and has had a bad repair. This will fix it.:brow

You got lucky to find those. They are getting harder to come by.

60biscayne409

Well Known Member
Man I know the feeling, I'am in the final process to paint my car , it been 3 time that I'am trying to paint my dash before painting the all car and every time dirt get in the clear coat, thats sucks, i try every thing , water the garage floor water the inside of the car , maskintape almost the all the car , spray a bit of clear inside , even built a plastic shelter over the dash and buy a 42inch fan ,and there always small dirt like head pin getting in the clear , I'am tired of sanding, I am begining to think that i am not gone bee able to paint that car , i paint my bronco with a cheap paint gun and cheap ipaint in a tempo garage before with no problem , and now i have all the good stuff a nice garage , compressor good gun , and i cannot paint simple a dash ,what the hell is going on here , maybe someone put a spell on me ,i will try one more time , and if dont work , to bad my car and my dash gone stay in primer lol.
/PS,could it be more easy using another paint, I'am using base coat clear coat/
60biscayne409

gearhead409

Well Known Member
60 biscayne409

sounds like your clearcoat catalyst is going bad. shelf life isn't very long on this product, especially if it has been opened. your paint supplier should be able to sell you a fresh small can of this, half pint or pint. try it again, if this cures your problem then buy enough fresh catalyst right before you're ready to paint your car. good luck.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Does anyone know if the 61' 2-dr ht trunk lids are interchangeable with the 2-dr sedan or 4-dr ht or sedans?:dunno