61Cruizer

61cruizer

Well Known Member
Two 409's made it to the Monday night cruise in at Summit this past Monday.

1963 SS, white on red, original paint & interior, 409/400 4 speed. Some light surface rust, but not a dent anywhere. Cool car.

1964 SS, Burgundy on black, 409/PowerGlide. Lots of aftermarket dress up on this one, couldn't tell the HP, single carb car.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for telling me. 8th Grade Band Concert at the same time so I can't come. This is the last week of school for them so hopefully I can try again next time. Seems like it is always something. :rolleyes

61cruizer

Well Known Member
EZAirRide.JPG It finally arrived! My EZAirRide Classic kit for the Biscayne finally made it. She goes in for the upgrade next Monday at Southside Auto in McDonough. Maybe now I can get her to sit level and ride without those old coil springs popping and groaning!

61cruizer

Well Known Member
Don't miss this Cruise In at Summit Racing / McDonough..featured marques are Rat Rods & Old School Rods. Plus , Hot Rod Walt and the Psycho Deville's will be playing...

2015 Hot Rod Walt Cruise
Hot Rod Walt and the Psycho Deville’s Monday Night Cruise

Monday, June 15, 2015

Summit Racing Equipment, McDonough, GA

*Special Rat Rod/Old School Cruise Night
*Open to all year vehicles
*Awards and door prizes
*Music and food

61cruizer

Well Known Member
I'm taking him two boxes to put them all in...I already have some stuff put aside, including gauges, a clock, springs, etc.

TIREDIRN

Well Known Member
I was wondering if the air ride is installed yet and what do you think of that kit. I'm thinking of ordering the basic classic kit.
They say it's a bolt in kit.

Gary

61cruizer

Well Known Member
95% complete. I brought it home Friday because we were leaving for the beach and didn't want it at the shop for a week while we were gone. I have a leak in the LR , looks like the fitting in the top of the bag, don't have the front shock mounts on yet. Ride quality was super on smooth pavement, lack of shocks lets it bounce on rough stuff. System works great as far as up/down, infinite adjustment.

61cruizer

Well Known Member
2.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg IMG_2706.JPG Some pics of the EZAirRide project..Don't yet have the front shock mounts on, which is the only part that requires welding. Some 61's have an open channel frame, some have a boxed frame like mine, which requires welding. The open frames are true bolt ins. Also has a leak at the left rear where the valve was installed in the top of the bag that I can't reach without a lift, so it goes back to Southside Auto on Monday to finish up. So far, I like it. It rides like it's on a cloud, and the adjustments are really quick and infinite. Also added a rear anti sway bar, which seems to make a difference, too.

61cruizer

Well Known Member
IMG_2852.JPG Here's a view of the EZAirRide compressor & air tank, mounted in the trunk in the space once meant for the spare..It fits perfectly there, and was an easy mount. Also easy to get wiring to.
Now, if I could just get the work finished. My first "contractor" kept the car for 6 weeks, didn't complete the work, and left the RF and LR leaking. If I had access to a lift, I'd finish it myself, but those two bags have to come back off (both are leaking where the air fitting is screwed into the top of the bag. Evidently he didn't like using teflon tape, because none was used :) ) , and it will be so much easier on a lift. Also have to add the front shock relocators and shocks. THEN, it will be complete.

61cruizer

Well Known Member
Look what's on the rotunda at Summit Racing/ McDonough. It's a mild custom, '60 Impala 348/3-2's.IMG_2884.JPG IMG_2884.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 11

61cruizer

Well Known Member
It's been almost 3 months and I'm still fooling with Air Ride! After the first shop made a mess of the install, I found a "friend of a friend" who agreed to go behind him and basically rip it out and reinstall everything, to complete the shock relocation in front, and add a sway bar out back...This guy does great detail work, but I must be snake bit on this project. I brought it home Saturday afternoon, cleaned it up, parked it back in my garage, and woke up Sunday morning with the right front sitting on the ground. The only fitting he didn't replace was the right front, because it didn't appear to be leaking. The kit comes with "swivel fittings", and every one of them leaked...So, it's back to have the right front disassembled, replace the fitting, and hope that's the last leak. On the bright side, it rides like a dream, no more creaks and groans, and the sway bar just about eliminated any lean. I can set it high for driveways and bumps, mid range for highway cruising, and down on the frame when parked. Here are some detail shots of the work..13.JPG 14.JPG IMG_8100.JPG 16.JPG

61cruizer

Well Known Member
Finally! All the leaks are gone, most were due to fittings that came with the kit. If you buy this kit, throw those fittings away and get good compression fittings at your local hardware store! The car rides and handles incredibly, thanks both to Air Ride and the addition of a rear sway bar from Ecklers Late Great Chevy. A new Z28 parked next to me at the last Summit Cruise In, and this old Biscayne, sitting down almost on the frame, got more looks and picture takers than it did! The guy was furious! Some "looker" told him that "anybody can buy a car like yours, but not like his"! Priceless. Here's a link to the process and the final build.

http://view.paradym.com/3666524/sk/13