62 belair inter trim

4kops

Looking for someone that can restore the two pieces that go on each door and the rear panels. They need straightening and new inserts installed

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Carify

Looking for someone that can restore the two pieces that go on each door and the rear panels. They need straightening and new inserts installed

I'm not sure which pieces you are needing repaired ? The only pieces I can think of are the stainless pieces that run across the door panel, but they don't have any inserts ? :dunno

4kops

There are 2 pieces that run front to back on the doors one I believe is a little longer than the other and they have steel inserts in the back with sharp tabs that go thru the interior door panel to hold them on. Few dents in the ones I have and aome of the tabs that go thru the panels are broken off so I would like to get the dents out and new inserts installed in the back.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It would probably be easier to find another set. I will be going out to CTC Auto Ranch this week and can look to see if they have any. Are they on all 2dr belair's or just 2 dr hdtp belair's?

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Maybe !!!

There is a guy here in Idaho who used to do that kind of work. Dave Kossmann. I not sure if he's doing any right now, but I'll get you his number and you can contact him.

Here it is: Dave's Polishing, Dave Kossmann, (208) 456-8558. www.1960impala.com

He went back to flying for one of the airlines, but he maybe taking on some small jobs.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, I looked and all of the doors were gone for the 2dr Belair cars. I will keep an eye out though.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I have a complete set from a 2 door sedan. Some tabs rusted - some broken.

But still worth the trouble if needed.

And yes the 2 door sedan and 2 door hardtop are different - on the rear panels only.