62 Belair Seat Question

4kops

My quetion is on the outsides of the front seat on each side the arms that come down and the seat pivots on there are covers on there that are plastic that side over the arm in my case they are red. I am looking for some good one and new ones any thoughts.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
My quetion is on the outsides of the front seat on each side the arms that come down and the seat pivots on there are covers on there that are plastic that side over the arm in my case they are red. I am looking for some good one and new ones any thoughts.

I thought that these were red vinyl that was sewn to fit. Same vinyl as on part of the seat covers.. That is what I remember mine were.

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
if we are talking about a bench seat which i belive we are mine were metal with a few dings in them so i removed dings and had them cover to match interior of car:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

4kops

My car in a 62 Bubbletop the ones that were on my car was make out of plastic that was hard and all cracked. It covers the outside pivot point

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I never found any repops, so I found a good pair of blue ones and painted them black with SEM vinyl interior paint.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
if you find any info on the covers please post it I am:) looking for red covers as well

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The covers on the Biscayne and Belair seats were plastic. And almost all are cracked now. Trying to find GOOD RED ones..........I'd have better luck finding a set of Z-11 heads!!! Looked at a black/red 62 Belair bubbletop about 3 years ago. NOT one single piece of sheetmetal could be used!! The most rusted out car I have ever seen. But ...........the red plastic covers on the seats looked NOS!! The car was priced at $3500 and I considered it because of the covers!!! Not that the covers were worth $3500...........but all things considered.....the car may have parted out for $3500. But someone would have gotten a MINT pair of red covers!!!