62 Belair Sedan Race Car

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It is on a relay. The horn button makes it hard to turn sharp, Pushing in on the horn while you're turning the stereo and wheel sharp. Not Convenient...

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I'm not certain that the horn button is the problem. For some reason the two step Rev limiter is still activated even if you're not holding the horn button.
There is a switch in the overhead control panel that arms the transbrake relay, then the horn button has to be pushed to activate the transbrake. Thinking there has to be a back feed or something that is telling the msd box that transbrake is still on.

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tooth not trying to be a dick but why does front end come up when on trans brake. Or were you not using it.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tooth not trying to be a dick but why does front end come up when on trans brake. Or were you not using it.
Because I never left on the Trans brake, I was just foot braking it at 4500. When I use the Trans brake it holds at 5300 rpm but misses at high rpm shift. I only use it to back up at the moment till I move the switch from the horn button. Scott, if you watch the video, you can hear right at the end of the first gear shift, You can hear it cutting out and it did the same thing in high gear. I shut the arming switch for the trans brake off and it quit popping and shooting ducks. I guess Jame’s camera speaker is not very good… I am moving the trans brake button from the horn to the knob on the shifter.

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well my eyes are opened up a little more now. I guess there is a big difference between a street regulator and a race car regulator. And I put on the wrong regulator. I need a 12-704 for my Black 140 gph pump not a 12-803 for a red/blue pump. This will make a big difference for sure!!! I'm being Schooled as my buddy James is saying. School is in!:doh I appreciate all the imput you are offering and all ideas are thought through... I'll get there soon, I hope!:dunno2Screenshot_20240414_141025_OneDrive.jpgScreenshot_20240414_141210_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240414_141340_Samsung Internet.jpg20230924_211845.jpg