62 Belair Sport Coupe Bubble Top Find

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I see the seat belt mounts (the 2 round loops with washers to connect the belts ) in your picture

Here are pictures (2 of the 4 pictures) of the factory seat belt mounts as the factoryh mounted them to the bottom of a 1962 floor panthat I removed from a 62 years ago (4 pictures)
and then I took one picture of the mounts and round loops with washers removed from the floor pan of a 62 (some of them are zinc plated)

Note the gas pedal stud support brace (this gas pedal support and 2 gas pedal studs(studs not in pictures) do not come on the new floor pans) in one of the pictures
Also note the factory diagonal U shaped braces in 2 pictures (that have been removed pm each front floor pan -see spot welds drilled out) that do not come on reproduction floor pans.

The hole in your new floor pan is a 1963 and 1964 style for seat belt mounts (you have to weld a nut on the bottom of the floor pan for the seat belt -that is the reason for the hole (if that is were you want seat belt mounts)- There is another round hole on your new floor pan by the rockers that is for factory 63/64 style seat belt mounts. there are 4 round holes in your new floor pans for factory 63/64 seat belt mounts (by adding nuts to the bottom of the new floor pan(again if thats what you want for seat belt mounts)

IMG_0035-005.JPG
62 floor - #1.jpg62 floor -#2 -acc pedal.jpg62 floor -#3 - seat belt brackets.jpg62 floor -#4.jpg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I see the seat belt mounts (the 2 round loops with washers to connect the belts ) in your picture

Here are pictures (2 of the 4 pictures) of the factory seat belt mounts as the factoryh mounted them to the bottom of a 1962 floor panthat I removed from a 62 years ago (4 pictures)
and then I took one picture of the mounts and round loops with washers removed from the floor pan of a 62 (some of them are zinc plated)

Note the gas pedal stud support brace (this gas pedal support and 2 gas pedal studs(studs not in pictures) do not come on the new floor pans) in one of the pictures
Also note the factory diagonal U shaped braces in 2 pictures (that have been removed pm each front floor pan -see spot welds drilled out) that do not come on reproduction floor pans.

The hole in your new floor pan is a 1963 and 1964 style for seat belt mounts (you have to weld a nut on the bottom of the floor pan for the seat belt -that is the reason for the hole (if that is were you want seat belt mounts)- There is another round hole on your new floor pan by the rockers that is for factory 63/64 style seat belt mounts. there are 4 round holes in your new floor pans for factory 63/64 seat belt mounts (by adding nuts to the bottom of the new floor pan(again if thats what you want for seat belt mounts)

View attachment 123106
View attachment 123102View attachment 123103View attachment 123104View attachment 123105
I'll save them.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've been to the track once and I was planning on going all next summer. I talked to rodney about helping me finish it. All new sheet metal sealed up and in primer. Finish the body so all it needs is paint
Jeff has been eyebawling it And I think he may want it. I plan on racing all next summer with white lightning. We shall see. And joey has asked me a half a dozen times if I would sell it to him...

Last edited: