62 Biscayne Steering Wheel

esfireman32

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a picture of a stock steering wheel for a 62 Biscayne that you could email or refer me to a particular link. Any help would be great. Thanks.:bow

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I can take a picture of mine on Monday, if no one else has one. The wheel is the same as the Belair, but the horn button is chrome pot metal. It is round only, and has no wings that cover the wheel arms, like the Belair.

did that make sense?

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
The red one on evil bay is a belair horn button (gold with wings) but the wheel will work. The hard part is finding a good Biscayne horn button, that is not pitted.

esfireman32

Well Known Member
I know exactly what you're saying MileHiSS. I thought the one on ebay is from a Bel Air but it seems to be in good shape. Can the horn button be swapped out later if I happen to find one? Have you had bad experiences with ebay? I don't know, I think I would rather have the Bel Air wheel instead of the wheel I have on it now anyway, I will just have to restore it.:dunno

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here is one from my 62 Biscayne. Yes, I added the Impala trim to the dash....When I was going to restore it, now it is my parts car.

Attachments

• DSC02263 (Small).JPG
    DSC02263 (Small).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 62

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Abolutely, you can run the Belair wheel and horn button until you find a good Biscayne button which will easily swap. Find a good Belair horn ring and sell it to one of the guys restoring a bubbletop. They always make good trading material.

NASCAR FAN

Well Known Member
The '62 Biscayne was available with an optional steering wheel. I believe it was the BelAir wheel. From my 1962 ordering info: "RPO 348 Deluxe steering wheel (Biscayne only) $3.80".

Rick

esfireman32

Well Known Member
Thanks Rick, thats good to know. My car isn't completely stock so I'm okay with the fact that I may put a BelAir wheel in it. Prices sure changed since 1962 huh. Take care. Evan

NASCAR FAN

Well Known Member
Evan:

When I said "I believe it was the Belair wheel" I'm not positive. However I know the RPO # is correct and there was an optional "Deluxe Wheel" for the Biscayne. It would make sense that Chevrolet would use the Belair wheel instead a special Deluxe wheel just for the Biscayne. There was also another Biscayne only interior upgrade. RPO 335 Foam Rubber Seat Cushion @ $7.55. This was extra padding built into the front seat, not a removable cushion.

Rick

62sedan

Here's the original wheel from my Biscayne......

2906489660045485205S425x425Q85.jpg

esfireman32

Well Known Member
Thanks for the photo, thats great. I appreciate it. Looks like a beautiful Biscayne 62sedan. Hmm, now if I can only find one! So the search continues. Thanks again.:)