62 Bubble top front and rear window trim clips

gofast5054

I am looking for some pictures of the front and rear trim clips on the car where they go and how there fastened

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here is a 62 Impala 2 door Hardtop rear window glass.
Similar to a Bubble top, on the top and sides.

I think bubble windshields (not pictured) only have clips on the upper chrome piece not on the sides.
Paul
62 chevy -blue restoration 006.jpg 62 chevy -blue restoration 007.jpg 62 chevy -blue restoration 008.jpg 62 chevy -blue restoration 009.jpg

gofast5054

You have some very very nice looking cars, nice job, nice article also, the love for cars. Thanks for the pictures it will be a big help.

Joe

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
thanks for the comments.
My brother talked that Motor Mart Magazine from Sioux Falls, South Dakota (my old home town) into doing the article. My father was a used car dealer and I had about 40 classic cars(thanks to his help) from 1957 to 1980s and other 25 + more since then.

We are driving near you on I-94 next week going to Saline Michigan (next to Ann Arbor ) for Christmas.
Paul

gofast5054

I will have to look for that article, you have had a lot of cars. Maybe you can answer this, what color was the wiper arm linkage and washer nozzles on those 62 chevy cars.
Thanks again

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The wiper arm linkage under the painted grill is black with the ribbed studs for the stainless wiper arms a bare metal(clear coated is what I do). Remember that there are 2 types of wiper arms. The potmetal/stainless 2 speed wiper arms are slightly longer than single speed wiper arms. The back of the stainless arms are marked RH2SPD/LH2SPD ( 2speed wiper washer motors) and RH1SPD/LH1SPD (single speed). Either arm will work on the wiper motors and controls but they came with the two different types matched to the wiper motors.

The washer nozzles where cad plated. I zinc chromate plate the originals on my cars. Or you can paint them with silver paint.
Paul

gofast5054

Thank you very much, I hope I am not a pain, grad to find people that have done these things so I can do it right the first time. I had a 62 bubble top when I was in high school sum 50 years ago, wish I would have known what some of the these car where worth today. I will send you sum pictures of the car if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks
Joe